The End of Fear - 7 Questions
by Lynn Baber
Christians seek a closer walk with the Lord Jesus Christ every day, reaping the benefits of that relationship both today and in eternity. The result should be a life lived without fear, but is such a life possible?
Faith and fear can no more occupy the same space than can oil and water and neither do they blend. In a life overflowing with faith in Christ there is no room for fear. Fear is completely opportunistic and enters wherever there is a vacuum of faith.
The main cause of fear is faith placed in someone or something that cannot meets our needs, answer our questions, or keep us safe. No government program, church organization, stash of cash, celebrity, or vibrant health is enough to keep fear at bay.
Religion is an invention of man and is therefore flawed from the outset. Religion provides a framework for individuals to share the faith they have in something else. The only faith that has power to overcome fear comes from a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Where is your faith weak?
If you have any fear there must be a weak spot in your faith. Answering these seven questions may help you identify the source of that fear.
1. Do I believe that God is who He says He is and can do what He promises?
2. Is there any place where you are outside of God’s authority or vision?
3. Is there any challenge in your life so great that God cannot understand or resolve it?
4. Is it possible for you to incur any loss that God could not prevent, repair, or transform into something even greater?
5. Can fire or flood consume you without God’s knowledge? When there’s no money to pay the light bill, is God unaware?
6. Do you worship the idols of wealth, power, individuality, denomination, or lust after what you want when you want it? Is your tie to
the world stronger than your tie to heaven?
7. Christians by definition accept Jesus Christ as both the Son of God and God Himself and enter into a personal relationship with Him. He knows your name, your circumstances, your dreams, your thoughts, your desires, your failures, your spirit, and your fears. If Jesus is so committed to you that He gave His life to redeem yours, what issue in your life is bigger than that commitment?
What prevents fear in the Christian life? Here are a few, simple affirmations of the truth and promise of Jesus Christ.
• God spoke the universe into existence without help or suggestion from anyone else.
• God is on His throne and both CAN and WILL do all He promised.
• Jesus Christ was born, lived, and died to clear the way for you to enter through the Narrow Gate into God’s presence. That gate remains open until you walk through into glory.
• God knows your circumstances and promised that all things will work together for good to those who love Him. Do you love Him?
• God knew that nations, churches, and humanity would decay before Adam took his first breath. The state of the economy, the family, and the planet haven’t caught Him by surprise.
• Relationship to Jesus Christ is a personal one. No one enters heaven on a group ticket.
• God created you in His image. As a child of the King your inheritance exceeds anything ever conceived of by mankind. Claim your birthright and the promise.
As long as we wake in this world we will know fear at one time or another. But it need be only a fleeting thought before realizing that it is nothing more than a weapon of the Enemy.
If you have any question or concern please contact me through my website www.LynnBaber.net
and I will do all I can to help.